19.12.2020 Lockdown 55 Brisbane Australia

On 19.12.2020 was held Lockdown 55 Brisbane Australia. This was our last comp for the year. Our team participated with three athletes:
Samuel Benton – vice champion MEN 18+ / U70KG / 18+ / NOVICE
Viktor Milanov – vice champion U84KG / INTERMEDIATE / MENS 18+
Liam Benton – champion COLTS 13YRS – 17YRS / U65KG / AGE and
medalist COLTS 13YRS – 17YRS / U77KG / AGE
MEN 18+ / U70KG / 18+ / NOVICE
Sam displayed good stand-ups and his unorthodox submission game. Looking forward to polish those skills and add some new ones in 2021.
Samuel Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Ryan Pearson (Fightcross MMA Albion) – RNC

Samuel Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Damien Smith (Fightcross MMA Albion) – armbar

Samuel Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Ben Flood (Sassom MMA) – leglock

Samuel Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Damien Smith (Fightcross MMA Albion) – armbar

U84KG / INTERMEDIATE / MENS 18+
Viktor happen to be the wild card on this tournament: The organizers needed someone to fill a bracket for intermediates, and I happen to have two of my team on this weight class. So Viktor and Dave played it on rock-paper-scissors and Viktor entered the tournament. He performed really good on a skill level above his and managed to reach the final.
I myself was pleasantly surprised by the gameness of my team, who happen to go watch their teammates compete, with mouth guard in their pockets and shorts and rashguard just in case.
Viktor Milanov (FC Bully Team) VS Luke Travers (Fight Club Jiu Jitsu Australia) – decision

Viktor Milanov (FC Bully Team) VS Luke Travers (Fight Club Jiu Jitsu Australia) – Guillotine

Viktor Milanov (FC Bully Team) VS Jonathon Hewitt (Fightcross MMA Albion) – RNC

COLTS 13YRS – 17YRS / U65KG / AGE
Liam Benton (FC Bully Team)
VS Tristan Simpson (Cadoo Martial Arts) – Anaconda Choke

Liam Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Tristan Simpson (Cadoo Martial Arts) – Anaconda Choke

COLTS 13YRS – 17YRS / U77KG / AGE
Liam won his division but we wanted a bit more challenge for him and signed him up for two weight classes up. Liam managed to deal with this challenge very well and took medal from that division as well.
Liam Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Mitch Arnold (Infinity BJJ Australia) – decision

Liam Benton (FC Bully Team) VS Josh Creed (TMG MMA) – decision

Bully Team champions record their achievements at Bully Team’s Wall of Fame.
For more pictures and comments, please visit us on Facebook or Instagram.

Post Author: